4.1.1 General Guidance
1. Statistics for browser support are based on information collected from the following two data sources
2. The browser policy for frontend and backend functionality is calculated and enforced independently from each other.
3. The list of supported browsers is reviewed on a calendar-monthly basis.
4. Older browsers which we still need to support (notably Internet Explorer) should employ graceful degradation to ensure the user is still able to carry out the functional requirements or acceptance criteria.
5. Only the latest stable version of browsers which adopt a rapid release cycle will be supported. This is due to the nature of rapid-release, meaning browser support could change on a weekly basis. When a new version of a browser is released, GForces will endeavor to ensure that the NetDirector platform is operable as soon as reasonably possible. GForces will update the NetDirector platform to be compatible with the latest stable version of the browser as soon as reasonably possible. From time time, browser update can reduce functionality of live sites.
6. From January 12th 2016 only the latest version of Internet Explorer (currently IE11) will be supported by GForces, in line with Microsoft's support.
4.1.2 Termination Policy
1. When a browser falls below 3% user base coverage, it will no longer be supported.
4.1.3 Current Supported Browsers
|Chrome (latest stable)||Supported||Supported||Latest stable channel: http://googlechromereleases.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Stable%20updates|
|Chrome (previous releases)||Unsupported||Unsupported|
|Firefox (latest stable)||Supported||Supported||Latest stable release: https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/channel/#firefox|
|Firefox (previous releases)||Unsupported||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 6 or older||Unsupported||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 7||Unsupported||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 8||Unsupported||Unsupported||IE8 does not support CSS3, HTML5 and Jquery and therefore can not support responsive platforms|
|Internet Explorer 9||Unsupported||Unsupported|
|Internet Explorer 10||Supported||Supported|
|Internet Explorer 11||Supported||Supported|
|Safari (latest stable)||Supported||Supported||Latest stable version: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204416|
|Safari (previous releases)||Unsupported||Unsupported|