GForces is one of Europe’s largest specialist automotive digital agencies. We’re also a leading supplier of internet software and services. We work directly with vehicle manufacturers, over half of the UK’s top 200 automotive retailers, independent dealers, European operations and the Middle East’s largest vehicle distributors. GForces are a global agency with the reach, knowhow and experience to enhance automotive brands and businesses so they perform at their best online.
Our digital-orientated focus helps our clients nurture more dynamic, productive relationships with their customers. At the same time, our utilisation of the most productive offline channels further expands what we can offer and deliver. We develop data-driven marketing strategies that meet the challenges of delivering to today’s connected and informed consumers and that exceed expectations. If you think you can help us achieve that and more, then we look forward to hearing from you!
We are looking for an experienced Software Tester to join our Software Testing team. Candidates for this role must be able to work independently on one or more software products and exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills, demonstrating advanced computer literacy with a passion for software and the web.
A job opportunity has arisen for a Software Tester to join our dynamic, cross-functional team of testers, developers, devops engineers and product owners.
Working in an Agile software development environment, the successful candidate would gain in-depth industry experience in all areas of technology relevant to GForces’ services. The role would interest testers who want to challenge their testing ability on a daily basis and to work in a demanding but rewarding environment.
- Applying a mix of manual and automation testing techniques and previous experience to every task
- Assisting the product team to meet the business requirements of the end-user
- Logging test results and communicating them to the wider team
- Planning, agreeing and executing acceptance tests
- Ensuring the successful release of product enhancements and supporting them post-release
- Reporting and logging product defects, seeing them through to resolution
- Assisting with setting up, maintaining and supporting products/systems in all environments
- Impeccable written English and verbal communication skills
- Session-based/exploratory testing
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- Planning, writing and maintaining test suites
- Proven ability to plan, estimate and provide progress against test cases/plans
- Experience of using JIRA to estimate and progress through work items on agreed backlogs
- Working knowledge of SQL
- Critical thinking, observation, idea generation and experimentation
- Experience of software functional and non-functional testing techniques
- Experience of developing business focused and technical focused tests
- Experience of writing/scripting automated test scripts &/or using automated test tools
- PHP programming experience & selenium grid setup experience is essential.
- Foundation ISEB qualification
Holding a certificate in Software Testing would be advantageous. With previous experience in a testing role. Ideally you possess 2 or more years’ previous experience in a similar testing/software related role.
You are passionate about software testing, engaged with the wider testing community and keen to learn about and implement cutting-edge automation tools and practices. Adept at engaging with Developers and Product Owners and balancing ad hoc requests with on-going long term projects.
Adaptable and flexible, you will be a “quality evangelist” seeing software through the eyes of a user. You will be insightful, with a keen eye for detail and an appetite for complex challenges and collaborative thinking.
- 25 days holiday plus birthday off
- GForces group pension plan
- Discounted health care package
- Preferential car buying rates
- Corporate gym membership
- Childcare vouchers
- 10% Discount Card for legal services
- Quarterly appraisals and development planning
- Regular socials and company events
- Fruit before 9am
- Flexible hours